A full kitchen remodel can cost tens of thousands of dollars and take months to complete. Bathroom remodeling projects are even more disruptive to your daily routine. If you’re a homeowner that’s looking to upgrade your bathroom or kitchen, cabinet refacing is an ideal method for renovating that saves you significant time and money.
Instead of replacing your cabinets outright, refacing utilizes the existing cabinet in the new look. Custom glazed finishes and paints are available, allowing your cabinets to match any room décor you desire. Using your old cabinets is valuable, especially in older houses where cabinets were sturdier and more solid than today’s mass-produced models.
Because cabinet refacing relies on your existing cabinets, the cost is much lower. With fewer workers needed, your refacing job is much less invasive and takes an average of only two to four days to complete.
Refacing projects can also include the addition of lazy susan cabinets, wine racks, glass cabinet doors, and special shelving. Projects can also include installing new sinks or countertops, essentially giving you a new bathroom or kitchen for a fraction of the cost of an entire remodel.
Update your kitchen or bathroom today, making it look not only sleek and modern, but also more functional and efficient. Contact RefacingPros.com today for more information on how cabinet refacing can improve your home.
There are many benefits to cabinet refacing other than the potential cost saving:
- It’s faster, a typical kitchen can be done in 5 days or less
- There is no demolition of the old cabinets so it’s cleaner and less disruptive
- You can keep your existing Countertops if you want to
- Your sink and appliances stay in place so you can keep using your kitchen throughout the project
- Your hinges and drawer slides can be upgraded to high quality, soft close hardware
- You can still customize your cabinets… You can convert a door base cabinet to a drawer base for example or extend your cabinets to the ceiling for extra storage
Kitchen cabinet refacing pros:
- Costs about half as much as replacing cabinets.
- Takes less time (a week or less!) and money.
- It’s less hassle than tearing out cabinets.
- You can still use your kitchen while refacing
- It’s a green kitchen remodeling solution because you’re not adding to the landfill
Kitchen cabinet refacing cons (there aren’t many):